The process is now simple. One of GreenGeeks site migration technicians will be holding your hand through the entire process from start to finish, FREE of charge. They will be in constant communication with you to ensure that the transfer of your website is going as smoothly as possible.
Here is their process:
- Confirm that your control panel login’s are correct and working with your existing hosting provider. The hosting provider that you’re transferring away from.
- Log into the GreenGeeks Account Manager at http://www.greengeeks.com/login/ with the login information that you received when you signed up with GreenGeeks. Click on Support and then select Migration Request Form.
- Select the type of hosting service that you would like to request the migration for. In most cases this will be a shared hosting account.
- You’ll need to provide them information about your existing hosting provider such as the name of the host, the control panel URL, FTP Hostname, Account Username/Password and any additional instructions that you may have.
- Once you’ve submitted the request, one of their site migration specialists will get back to you within 24-48 hours to complete the migration for you.
They also ask that you do not change your DNS settings on the domain name until the website files and emails have been uploaded one of their site migration specialists otherwise your site could face downtime.
Next: Test and Confirm